Part Numbers for Sales/Purchase Inventory

How do I show Part number on a purchase order?
The usual information for a Supplier purchase order is,
Item No, Part No, Description, Qty, Price
and additionally for Inventory
Price per, Discount
All I can seem to show is Description, Qty, Price ?

Hi @ChrisatIIOnline

The purchase order side of things was initially implemented based on feedback. At the time, it was agreed that a free-text box for a description would be suitable, but I appreciate this doesn’t fit everyone’s needs.

I believe adding another column into the form would require a bit of remodelling, so for now, I’ll mark this as a feature request, and we can certainly explore this in more detail if there’s interest here.

1 Like

Thanks Mathew

It would be nice to bring the Purchase orders in line with Sales Invoices/estimates as well,
ie
Item ,Description, as per sales invoice / estimate
not
Catagory, Description as per current Purchase order

Cheers
Chris

It’s a little bit different with the purchase invoices because generally speaking, many users leave the sales invoices as “General Sales”, but a purchase could have any category (water rates, rent, insurance, assets, general purchases, post, etc.), so this takes a more prominent view from the purchase side.

It’s been this way for as long as I can remember (if not from the time we launched), so we would need to see considerable support for changing this.

No problem Mathew,
must be me,
we are a manufacturers and buy in parts/components and invoice out finished kits / assembled products.
Curious who your main user group is?
Would have thought most businesses buy parts / supplies and then do something with them and then sell them out unless your a service industry selling your time?

Cheers
Chris

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.