Payment dates changed

I have just run my VAT return for period 05/18-07/18 and noticed 5 items that shouldn’t be there. The items are in this return because they show as having a payment allocated on 3rd May. The first item is the end of last period so likely to be a mistake on my part but 3 of the items are dated 2016 so there is no way that I would have left them unpaid for so long.
I have tried deleting these items and creating new but regardless of what payment date I put in they still get picked up on this return.
Of course I can exclude them from the return but they will still skew my annual figures, how do I get the payments back where they belong and why did they change?

Hi @gav

It sounds like this payment has been entered recently but dates for 2016, is that correct?

To ensure no figure is excluded, QuickFile will use any figure from the VAT start date (in the VAT settings) to produce the return.

You could just adjust the return to remove the figures and record a note for this.

Hi thanks for the reply

No this is not what has happened, the items were raised in 2016 and had payments attributed to them on the same day. They have never appeared before in my VAT returns but mysteriously they are there now and show that they were paid on the 3rd may.
I have adjusted my return manually but if I submit in QF then it will lock the figures in and my annual return will be incorrect. I need to return these to the payment date that they should have

Hi @gav

Let me send you a private message, and I’ll take a look for you. Please look for a green notification in the top right corner.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.