Payment on account in foreign currency

Hi
I have a supplier with invoices in foreign currency which are being paid from bank in GBP. I want to match these payments with supplier account to they appear there as unallocated payments. When I do that they appear in GBP. I want them to be available in foreign currency there so I can pay the invoices from this “overpayment”. How can I make payments in GBP be available on supplier account in foreign currency?

Hi @Iwona1

You would need to log it as a prepayment from the client page itself.

If you view the supplier and go to More Options >> Add Prepayment, you can select the currency to make the payment available for:
This will create a prepaid transaction for you, so it’s likely to create a duplicate. In this case, you can simply delete the original untagged transaction.

Hope this helps!

Hi
Thank you for getting back to me. I followed your advice but even though transactions have been created in a bank (doubled like you said, so I had to delete the original one from the bank) they are still not available in my client account. Their value as you can see in an attachment is “0” and I still can’t pay an unpaid invoices in foreign currency using “0” amount.

Hi @Iwona1

In the screenshot in my post above, there’s a box for both the GBP and the EUR value. Was there a value in both of these when you added the prepayment?

No, the value was only in GBP.

You will need to remove the payments and re-add them. When you enter the GBP value, it should automatically enter a value based on the exchange rate for that date, but you can override this.

No exchange rates available
Hi, I tried to do what you advised me that the outcome is the same (please see the attached screenshot). There is no exchange rates available for prepayments. I also tried the other rates I have on which are Euro and US Dollars but exchange rates are not available for them as well. It seems to be an error here?

I’ll raise this with our development team. Do you know the value of the PLN that it should have been? If so, you can enter it manually.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.