Payment processing with varible direct debits

Hello,

I’m having a problem in terms of processing direct debits,

When the invoice is created I can take the variable amount from the clients direct debit authorisation,

At that point I want to log the invoice as paid so I don’t have to come back to it, (unless I get a payment failed notification from gocardless)

I want to send a message to say payment will be collected within 3 days (direct debit requires you to give notice before taking the amounts)

here’s what I need

1. I need the send payment received email, changed to a payment will be processed in 3 days email, I can do this with a text expanding tool
  2. Delay direct debit payment feature

Any advice?

Thank you for the feedback, this is however not something that is on our near-term agenda but we will eventually revisit, therefore I have updated the category to a feature.

You could use the due date and notes on the invoice to indicate when the payment will be collected by DD:

At the moment when you request funds manually, the DD payment request is also initiated, therefore you will need to add a manual diary note to process DD 3 days after sending the invoice.

We would not recommend updating the invoice as paid until the funds have been received and then tag the payment to the invoice.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.