Paypal Feed balance

I have noticed all of a sudden my Paypal feed is incorrect, as far as the balance. the transactions all seem ok, but the balance is incorrect and is a long way off in my dashboard, from my actual paypal balance

how do i refresh this? tried the ‘refresh feed’ and it is still not correct

Hi @Bobbych

Do you have any opening balances on your Paypal account?

The balance itself is calculated based on the transactions in and out of the account, so as long as these are all correct, then your balance should be correct. However, opening balances can throw this off.

Hi
In addition to Sian, if you have also a feed for your current account make sure you have ticked the box for “ignore payouts” in your PayPal feed settings. If this is not ticked both feeds will bring in the money transferred from PayPal to your bank account. And when tagging those transaction it will create duplicates which will also make your balance incorrect. Specially by using auto tagging rules can it takes weeks or month until you recognise this

1 Like

thanks for the responses, I will have a look at these and see if it corrects any issues

a second issue as of today

I tried to withdraw funds from paypal to my main account. it failed, and I tried again, so I have 2 failed attempts to withdraw, which show on my paypal correct as ‘failed’ and no balance reduction has happened

but on refreshing into quickfile, those 2 are showing as transactions and reducing my balance accordingly which is not correct. how can i get quickfile to ignore failed transactions?

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.