Pricing - I'm not sure how my nominal count is being calculated

Hi
I am a very small business, I’ve only 1072 entries over the last three years, however, I am told that I am now going to be charged to use QuickFile as I have an average of 1900 entires in the last 12 months, which I have not. How can I get help with this.

Hi @whittonwalkies

Your account has fallen into the paid for tier because it sounds as though you have gone over the 1000 nominal entry threshold. This is measured on the number of nominal entries in a rolling 12 month period.

It might be worth checking out this post which explains how to check the size of your account: Account size explained

The payment is on an annual basis at £45 (+VAT) per year. If your account drops to below the threshold in the next 12 month period, then the payment becomes optional.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks
I only have 1072 entries for 3 years accounting, so only 360 approx entries per 12 months.
So I cannot understand why I’m being charged.

Hi @whittonwalkies

Are you currently using the deferral period for the subscription? If so, you can go to Account Settings >> Company Settings to see the current size and nominal count for the 12 month period.

There are more details on this here: How to determine what items make up your ledger count

It’s worth noting also, that it goes by the creation date, rather than the entry date. So if for example on 09/11/2020 you entered a bank transaction dated 01/01/2016, this is still within the last 12 months.

What are you counting as “entries”? The 1000 threshold isn’t the number of sales or purchase invoices but the number of nominal entries, and each paid up sale or purchase equates to at least 4 (if you’re not VAT registered) or 5 (if you are) nominal entries.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.