Problem marking invoices paid via Bank Feed

I’m quite new to the Bank Feed feature but I’d read up about it before and browsed the forums.

I’ve already set up my rules which I thought were fine. I read that Auto tagging would be smart and present me with a list of open invoices to tag a payment to. This doesn’t appear to be the case. Instead a new invoice is being created and a payment is being assigned to that. Leaving my initial invoice open and unpaid.

How can I get this to work? I’m using Barclays open banking feed.

Any help appreciated. Thank you.

Hi @adamoc

There are 2 options you can do here:

1. Remove the auto-tagging feature and go back to manually tagging the invoices.
  2. Change the auto-tagging rules so that the payment is allocated to the client / supplier where you can then tag it to the invoice.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Manual tagging behaves as you’re describing - when you select “payment from a customer” on an untagged entry it’ll offer a list of recent invoices that match that amount and let you select one. But auto tagging rules can only either create a new invoice or assign the money as a payment on account not attached to any specific invoices (and you then use “apply from credit” to do the attachments yourself).

Oh, ok. Why? Haha. I’ll stick to manual then. Thanks for your help.