Problems with online VAT filing (MTD)

I have followed all the steps to enable online filing of my VAT return. Everything was fine when I did this for my other business, but with this one I get the error message:
You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN 259155189 . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update

I have read support guides, checked my settings and also contacted HMRC but they said everything is fine their end and that the problem is with Quickfile.

Hi @Kathy_Sims

Just to confirm - have you received the confirmation email from HMRC confirming your enrolment onto MTD? If so, when did you receive this?

Yes, I did that some time ago now. I have tried doing it again just in case but the HMRC site tells me I have already registered.

The only thing to double check if the HMRC account that’s linked. You can see the accounts under Reports >> HMRC. This needs to be the same account you would use to log in on the HMRC website to view the MTD registration.

As multiple accounts are permitted (some users for example, have an account for VAT, one for Corporation Tax, etc.), you also need to ensure the correct account is selected in your VAT settings.

Hello Mathew. I have linked the account again, just in case something was wrong. Some success in the fact I can not get in the see VAT obligations (which I could not before) and it shows me the VAT period due. However, when I then click ‘Prepare’ the figures are blank and it says - Please Note: You have a saved VAT Return that overlaps this period (ending 31 Jul 2019). Please rollback any overlapping VAT Returns before proceeding.
I cannot find anything, I could see the failed submission when I tried submitting without the MTD button being checked, but I have clicked to revoke that so I cannot see what else I can do?

There’s already a VAT return for the period you’re trying to submit, so you will need to undo it.

On the saved VAT return you should see a “Rollback” button. If you click this it will release that period to be filed again.

Thanks Mathew, thought I had successfully done that already, tried again and it worked a treat. All submitted now. Funny how you can retake steps and then they work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to hear you got this working! :slight_smile:

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you encounter any further issues - we’re here to help.

Certainly will, thanks again :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.