Purchase Invoices Disappeared

Hello! I can’t find a Purchase Invoice?? It is not archived or deleted.
I have looked for it using the search function to no avail.
What has happened to them? QF00079 and QF00080?

Also it would be an useful feature if you could recall a sales or purchase invoice in the entry screen by typing in the Invoice number. Thank you!

Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 10.56.37

Hi @Mimi

Were there credit notes created after you entered QF00078? I believe what can happen is the credit note will take the space of the receipt number

Yes, and I thought about that, but the CN has a completely different sequence number and started with CN00001. For CN to cause a gap and jump a sequence to then use a a number already used in the system as QF00001 for purchases.
It does not make any logical sense at all and how would you explain the gap to an auditor if the CN did not take that gap as creted the CN starting with a completely new sequence??

Yes, and I thought about that, but the CN that I have created has a completely different sequence number and started with CN00001. For CN to cause a gap in my Purchase Invoice sequence by creating a gap between QF00078 and QF00081, to then use a number already used in the system as QF00001 for purchases, it does not make any logical sense at all.
How would you explain the gap to an auditor if the CN did not take that gap as created the CN starting with a completely new sequence??

Hello @QFBeth , yes they were created after. I understand that it has taken that space but I cannot see how it makes sense since CN have their own sequence number, in fact, by that logic, if they use the same sequence it should not be allowed to be saved with a duplicate number that is 00001?

Hi,
A few people had the same question recently. Here is one of them, maybe it is answering your question:

Hi @rhc thank you for the message, it does help that I am not the only one to experience it and to think that is not right?
Furthermore, for auditing purposes, it is really important that there is a trail of transactions and to have such inexplicable gaps it really does not really help for the integrity of the software. I hope this is addressed and rectified.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.