QuickFile Keyboard Shortcuts Cheatsheet

Websites are usually last in the pecking order when it comes to shortcut keys, using CTRL is preferable but there are so few left now that you can actually use as 3/4 of them are already taken by the browser. Even most of the GMail shortcut keys are single character (at least the optional ones).

You need to start selling keyboards with a QF button!

I must have just been lucky, I don’t really recall ever having this issue anywhere, I’ve obviously managed to not stumble upon any of the sites that do this automatically or have never needed to search the pages on them.

1 Like

Is it possible to have a way to turn these off in the account settings?

I often cut and paste addresses from QF to address labels, but keep getting taken to the new customer screen.

Are you using Firefox? We should be ignoring the CTRL keydown event, this is getting ignored in Chrome and IE but seemingly not in Firefox.

We do plan to provide an option to disable shortcut keys in the next release.

Yes, I’m using FF.

TBH I’d like to disable it anyway. There’s been a few times when I’ve been tagging invoices and I guess I haven’t clicked into the tag box before start to type and it’s taken me to a completely different screen.

I can see why these shortcuts are helpful for some people’s workflow, but not mine really. So I’d like the option to turn them off.

That wasn’t meant as a criticism. I really appreciate how well you develop this product and how quickly you respond to feedback.

This development just happens not to help me - but I see it will be useful to many.

1 Like

Yeh no worries at all, the feedback is always appreciated.

EDIT:

In the mean time the CTRL key is now being correctly escaped in FireFox.

UPDATE May 1st

Just a quick update to let you know that we have now added a setting to fully disable keyboard shortcuts. It should go live next week.

Great thank you. These will be very useful.

We have now added an account-level toggle to switch off the keyboard shortcuts entirely. You will find it in the advanced features section.

CC: @DABS

Shortcut “L” Show DOCUMENT MANAGER (Library). This would be a useful one.

The only problem here is we’ve never referred to the document manager as the “Library” so it may not be intuitive. Unfortunately D is assigned to the Dashboard, otherwise we could have used that.

How about M, or even O?

We went with M in the end, not perfect but close enough. It should now take you to the document manager from any screen.

I have redone the list of shortcuts, splitting them between view and new shortcuts. I found this useful to learn the shortcuts.
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/qfreceiptdata/6131410113/receipts/2566533/quickfile-keyboard-shortcuts.txt

Would like to see a load new estimate screen

Rob

We will be adding e for load new estimate screen.

I am unsure why the shortcuts are not in alphabetical order - here is the list with the gaps showing for future developments (not sure if the J is a useful shortcut, as hardly ever used except for Year End journaling).

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/qfreceiptdata/6131410113/receipts/3713928/quickfile_help_2015-03-05_advanced_keyboard_shortcuts.txt

It started off a much shorter list and I wanted to put the most useful ones at the top. I agree it’s better to have it alphabetically listed now which I have just done.

Some user’s journal extensively, particularly accountants. So I think J should remain.

Perhaps putting the key word in each shortcut in capitals in the cheat sheet would help?

1 Like