Quickfile Webite Down?

I can’t seem to access the quickfile website, either via our dedicated login or through www.quickfile.co.uk. The page does not load at all and keeps timing out. Is there a problem?

Hi @iadluk

Everything seems to be working this end. Tried a 3rd party service too which reports it as up (http://isup.me/quickfile.co.uk)

Have you tried clearing your cache on your browser, or a different browser?

Thank you for your very rapid response.

I tried clearing the cache, and using different browsers, but with the same result.

I am currently outside the UK however (which has never presented a problem before), and when I switched to a UK VPN, was immediately able to load and login to the site. Interestingly, when I turn off the VPN, it refuses to load again. Not sure why this is happening, as I have accessed the site from overseas many times over the last 3 years.

That shouldn’t really make a difference if I’m honest. I’m not aware of any restrictions in terms of accessing the site.

Are there any other sites affected, or just QuickFile?

There have certainly not been any territorial restrictions in the past. This is the first time I have encountered the problem. I initially thought it may have been a slow internet connection which was impeding access - this can occasionally cause the site to be sluggish or time-out - but quickfile was the only affected site. Usually waiting a while allows the problem to rectify itself, but not today.

As far as I can see there are no other affected sites, and my present location (from which I have already logged in to Quickfile several times this month) does not block or censor the internet - unlike, say, China. Strange. It’s not really a big deal, as I’m in now using the VPN. It just slows the system down a little.