Refund issues

Hi all,

Have received deposit refund for Regus rental as have moved to smaller office. When I paid deposit at start of a contract was tagged as one item without VAT.
If I tag refund from supplier it applies VAT element. What I am doing wrong?

Have received refund from 02 for overcharge during last 18 months for monthly 21£ payment for a contract that was cancelled, amount 370.02£. Usually it will allow to apply refund from a customer, it doesn’t have to be same amount, now it doesn’t:
No qualifying purchases could be found to refund against. Make sure the corresponding purchase has been logged before you attempt to process this refund. What I am doing wrong?

Have posted refund to a customer for amount 1932£, old invoice 6750£ overpaid.
IN VAT return draft deducts refund in sales, but shows in prepayment, what makes sales in box 6 without deduction, is this ok?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dan

If it was a rent deposit refund then originally it should have been tagged as an asset on the balance sheet. In which case you can tag the refund as “something not on this list” and pick the asset nominal that the rent deposit was posted to.

If of course you used a purchase nominal then you’d have to raise a credit note and apply the payment to that.