Refunded Overpayment (Credit) - How?

I have a business client who overpaid me by paying an invoice twice. This resulted in a £355 overpayment, which I allocated as credit.

Since I have performed more work for them, so £60 then got taken from this credit. So the final credit amount was £295.

At their request I refunded this via BACS which has shown up in the bank account on quickfile, however I can’t find how to tag this as the credit being refunded to the client?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I just did this manually by:

Choosing “All Payments” from the Sales dropdown, finding the transaction then refunding the balance.

However, this then creates a duplicate transaction in the business account, so I have to delete the synchronized refund transaction.

Is this the correct way to do things? (Delete the Barclays synchronised transaction and create my own)?

Hi @pcrepairs

Yes, this would be the correct way of doing it. This way everything matches up (tagging wise). You can edit the description on the bank transaction to match the untagged duplicate entry if you wish.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.