Refunds aren't coming up on my accounts

Hi!
I am new to QF but thought I was doing it right…

We paid a supplier and then they refunded us the money. It’s in our bank statement on QF. I tagged the refund as ‘refund from supplier’ and then selected which invoice it was refunding. When I look at my accounts the refunds aren’t taken into account - literally. So it skews the figures.

So when I look at that particular project it says we have spent more than we have and doesn’t register the refund. The bottom line is also wrong.

Am I missing a step? Or how can I get my accounts to register the refunds?

Thank you.

D

Hi @StompingGround

Can I just check, when you mention that it doesn’t show up in your accounts, do you mean reports like the Chart of Accounts, or more of the bank account?

With the project, although it may seem simple, but just to check - is the credit note tagged to the project too?

I have just checked the invoice for the refund and regards the projects element, you are right that it wasnt tagged with a project. I had assumed, when i clicked refund to suppler, it would be tagged with the same project the original invoice was for and set against the same account.

Regards the figures looking skewy on the Chart of Accounts I realise I still need to get my head round some of the accounts and the Profit and Loss breakdown at this stage makes more sense to me! The refunds do seem to be in the correct account.

Thank you for your reply. Very helpful.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.