Replacing lost data through feed problems

I’ve had hundreds of transactions not import into Quickfile because of feed issue. Firstly the paypal feed failed and now for some reason also unknown the barclays feed has failed. Reading the comments on the failed paypal feed threads it was suggested that if one restarted the feed and waited then the missing transactions might appear. I’ve waited a couple of months and this hasn’t happened, so clearly it’s not going to. I’m therefore assuming that - presuming I can figure out what’s wrong with the barclays feed and get it running again - the missing transactions from that account won’t appear either?

So, do I have to manually enter hundreds of transactions? I’m rather hoping not! So, is there some way to force the system to import everything again and overwrite what’s already in there for, say, the last 3 months? If not then is there some way I can maybe export the transactions from online banking to a CSV or similar and import them into QF from that?

Also, related, is there some way to set up an alert (by SMS or email ideally) if some process that’s previously worked has been stopped? I don’t look into QF often (I tend to do tagging and other tasks every few weeks when a chunk of work has built up) and this leaves me right in the sh*t when something goes wrong.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi @greengriff

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with the feed.

What type of feed do you use for Barclays? We offer 2 types of feed here, although our own feed isn’t available to newer accounts.

With the PayPal feed, if it’s been restarted and the transactions haven’t been imported, unfortunately you would need to manually import them on this occasion from your PayPal account. You should be able to export a .csv file and import that straight into your QuickFile account.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. We’ve used QF for years and I took over the running of the account from a colleague who left, so I don’t know off the top of my head what feed we are using. How would I find out?

Bad news about the PayPal issue but thanks for clarifying :frowning:

Let me send you a private message and get some account details. We’ll take a look and see what’s going on there for you :slight_smile:

Please look for a green notification in the top right corner.

Noticing some big gaps in my feed data recently. Not great and there needs to be some error function that lets you know of any breaks in feeds

Hi @InfoBest

Sorry to hear this.

What bank are you with?
If you try a manual refresh, does it pull in the missing transactions all OK?
If you go to Banking > Open Banking Feeds, does everything look correct and all good there?

Sorry for late response. I do my Vat every 3 months and just noticed more gaps in the feed from Amex. Random dates i am having to whittle down to and import as it is over 21 days ago.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.