Reports running on to more than one page

When I go into a nominal account from say the balance sheet, it would be good it the report showed the balance per the balance sheet at the point in time. Also, it would be better if where the report goes on to more than one page that you could have the option to print the whole report or export the whole lot of data, rather than print or export the data page by page. Thank you

When you click a link from the balance sheet it will pass the date to the ledger so no transactions after that date should appear. There is no start date with balance sheet report so everything will get included up to that date. Let me know if this is not happening for you?

Most exports in Quick File are limited to 50 items (i.e. max page capacity). That’s to reduce load on our servers, if a user has 30,000 ledger items then exporting this would put a large demand on server resources, which would in-turn affect performance for all other users.

If you set a weekly/monthly backup then this will include a full CSV backup of all your ledger entries.

customworld said:
When I go into a nominal account from say the balance sheet, it would be good it the report showed the balance per the balance sheet at the point in time.
When you click a link from the balance sheet it will pass the date to the ledger so no transactions after that date should appear. There is no start date with balance sheet report so everything will get included up to that date. Let me know if this is not happening for you?

Yes it does, but it doesn’t show the actual balance, i.e. the net of the debits and credits.

customworld said:
Also, it would be better if where the report goes on to more than one page that you could have the option to print the whole report or export the whole lot of data, rather than print or export the data page by page
Most exports in Quick File are limited to 50 items (i.e. max page capacity). That’s to reduce load on our servers, if a user has 30,000 ledger items then exporting this would put a large demand on server resources, which would in-turn affect performance for all other users.

I understand what you are saying, but if you use say Quickbooks or Sage you can set a printout to go to a printer that includes everything that goes onto separate pages.

I see what you mean, we could probably add this without to much difficulty. I will refer this to the developers.

Sage and Quickbooks are desktop based applications not multi-tenanted so the only resources that will be affected will be those on the local machine. Cloud systems are very different as all the concurrent users are feeding off the same database so you need to be very careful one users doesn’t start doing something crazy like downloading 10s of thousands of transactions in one go. We need to design around these problems.

Ok - thank you for updating me on this

I just realised something here while working on your other reconciliation problem. The balance does seem to appear in the ledger view but only when you jump from one page to the next. We’ve fixed this bug and resolved the other problem which I will report back to you on tomorrow morning.

Hi Glen - thank you for your support and reporting back to me, Russell

1 Like

I have read this with interest as I too have had similar thoughts. I fully understand the issues that arise around server loading if a user had tens of thousands of records to download, but would it not be possible to increase the page ‘limit’ from 50 to (say) 100 or 200? I’m sure this would be of benefit to many users.

We’re planning to add paging next week, we’re a bit short on developers at the moment with the holiday season. But this is a planned feature.

1 Like

Glen, Thank you getting back on this matter.
Regards - Robin.