Request a prepayment

I’m offering a client a 10% discount when buying 10 hours ahead. I was planning to enter this as a prepayment and then raise an invoice (with 10%) discount every time an hour is used.

However, how do I request the prepayment? Do I raise an invoice and then delete it and assign as a prepayment, or do I have to request it outside of QF? Or maybe there is a better way to do this completely?

Thanks
Dan

Hi @smithdrp

There is currently no way of requesting a pre-payment within QuickFile. But you could do it outside of QuickFile, for example as a bank transfer and then tag it against a client as a pre-payment which can then be allocated to an invoice once the invoice has been issued.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you. I decided to create and send an estimate including payment instructions and will log it as a pre-payment when the payment comes through.

2 Likes

If you still want to use things like stripe I’m sure you can send a one off link from stripe itself to take the payment. It would be outside quickfile so I think it would need to be entered manually. But its an option

This topic was automatically closed after 12 days. New replies are no longer allowed.