Reversing a rolled back VAT return

I have looked at the forum but there appears to be no definite ‘answer’ as to how a rolled back VAT return can be saved back into an un-rolled-back return.

Currently my dashboard is showing an overdue return, but the system is saying that it is submitted.

So simple question: How do I un-roll-back a rolled back return?

The advice from an allied forum was"

“If it has already been filed, then you will need to remove your online filling settings to just save that missing period. Once saved, you can add your online filling settings back in to submit the next period.”

I have tried this (a few times) and cannot find a way of saving the return

Hi @MORTOC

Just to confirm - the VAT return has been filed successfully, you just need to show it on QuickFile as completed whereas it’s currently rolled back.

Is that right?

Hi Matthew

Yes - that is correct.

Thanks for confirming!

In this case, if you’re on MTD, you will first need to disable this to allow you to re-save the return.

@ian_roberts outlines this well in his post, here: Rollback of VAT

Hi Matthew

I have done this and now have (anonymised)

The figures for the Saved and rolledback are exactly the same - do I just leave it now?

Yes, that’s right, just remember to turn your online filing settings back on before you do the next quarter.

1 Like

Will do - :pray:t2: thanks

Regards

Chris Morton
m: 07769 88 22 84

| ian_roberts
December 21 |

• | - |

Yes, that’s right, just remember to turn your online filing settings back on before you do the next quarter.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.