Reviewing clients VAT Account

I can see in ‘Reports’ the HMRC section and can see the client I want to review. He’s a nightmare client, and want to see his VAT Account as per HMRC, showing liabilities, payments, surcharges and interest, but nothing shows?

Hi @cherylgrey

Within QuickFile you can view the MTD VAT returns (whether they were submitted through QuickFile or not). I they were done through QuickFile, you can view the background report too, which shows what invoices and payments are associated with that return.

Things like surcharges and interest aren’t available through QuickFile unfortunately, but should be available through the HMRC website itself.

Hi Mathew

So is this something that is work in progress?

You can view the VAT obligations (VAT returns, and their backing data, if it was submitted through QuickFile).

The Liabilities and Payments would show just that - payments and liabilities.

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure if interest and surcharges would show in the liabilities section, but if you click into it, whatever data HMRC provides us with, we will show you.

The obligations tab works and shows each quarters vat liabilities, The payments & liabilities just says ‘nothing to show’?

This data is live from HMRC. If you’re expecting to see figures there, it may be worth checking the HMRC account directly.

If you do notice there’s data on HMRC which isn’t showing on QuickFile, please let us know and we can take a closer look at this for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.