Sales not showing on Vat returns

Have just been entering last 3 months internet sales through Paypal and Stripe. I noticed that the sales invoice did not show on outstanding invoices so had to receive payment through show all sales.

Have checked Vat return and noticed that sales are not being drawn through to Line 1

Any advice appreciated

Where exactly are you looking here? If it’s the list of invoices you get when tagging to the bank then I believe these only go back so far in date, and only where the invoice total exactly matches the payment amount, you may need to “pay down multiple invoices” and choose the right client to get the full list of options to tag to.

I have found the silly mistake that was made, as this software is new these things happen.

When entering a payment and clicking the box enter line totals including Vat I did not notice that it defaulted to zero vat and you have to change manually to 20%

You can set the default VAT rate on a per-client basis via the client settings page, but if you created the client implicitly as part of creating their first invoice then their default rate will be taken from whatever rate you set on that first invoice.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.