Show all Purchases

Hi

While looking in “show all purchases” I can only view transactions up until 31/10/2016 but there should be purchases showing until April 4th 2017. YE.

However when I look into the bank account “current” ledger I can see the said missing purchases.

Can somebody kindly explain what’s wrong please ?

Hi @DC123

It may be that teh purchases have been archived. At the bottom of the purchase list, you should see an option to view “Active”, “Deleted” or “Archived” purchases. If you click on “Archived”, do they show up there?

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

They do not show when archived selected.

When you locate those items on the bank, are they tagged?

If you click the green tagged button it should show a popup to show the exact purchase invoice number they’re allocated to. Are you sure that those payments are allocated to a purchase invoice and not posted directly to a nominal code or held as a supplier prepayment?

If they’re linked to purchase invoices you should be seeing something like this:

This is what I’m seeing ?

Capture88

It looks like the payment has been tagged directly to the General Purchases nominal code rather than to a purchase invoice, so there isn’t necessarily one tied to it.

And this

Capture89

This one looks the same - just tagged straight to the nominal code (in this case, Fuel and Oil (MOTOR) rather than a purchase invoice.

From a tax point of view they should all be ok though, as in they’ll have gone down as outgoings I presume ?

Thank you

They will be showing in the profit and loss. However, if you’re VAT registered then no VAT would have been accounted for here.

It’s also worth noting that it can make things more tricky to trace things. For example, a purchase invoice is tied to a supplier whereas a direct tag isn’t. A purchase invoice can also have supporting documents tied to it.

Generally, we advise against tagging directly to the nominal, but it depends on how you work and what best fits with your needs.

Thanks the info, It was a bookkeeper I let loose on that set off accounts who entered them that way.

We aren’t VAT registered and the sole trader company they are for is no longer trading, so no harm done on this occasion, but I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen in the future.

Thank you.

Dave

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.