Showing customer credit and purchase invoice numbers

I love QuickFile but a couple of tweaks would make things even better. I send out invoices to regular clients at the end of the month and some occasionally overpay me. By the time the next invoice cycle comes round I have forgotten their overpayment and in the humdrum process of sending out emails I forget to discount the current invoice. Is there a way of having this flagged at the moment before ‘send by email’ or having their credit showing at the top of the invoice page?

Another related feature that would be a help during bank reconciliations.I have a paper invoice in front of me and I match it with a payment from my bank account. I ask Quickfile to make a new invoice entry and fill in the details but do not see on that invoice creation page the invoice number which I like to write on my paper invoice to help my accountant. I then have to go to the purchases page in order to find the number and then back to banking to continue my reconciliation.

Small tweaks but they would help a lot with work flow.

Hello @robbrown_garden

There isn’t at the moment, but we can certainly consider this as an enhancement. One thing to maybe get in the habit of doing is before you send it, clicking on “Log Payment”, which will show you if there is any credit on their account and allow you to allocate it. However, I appreciate that’s an extra step in your process.

We’ll certainly leave this thread open for other users to add their comments and votes.

How do you create this invoice at the moment? Do you do it through the bank tagging process?

Flagging available credit balances would be nice for us although most issues have been with matching outstanding credits to recurring invoices.