Split Transactions (Customer and Director's Current Acc)

Hi All,
I was paid £710 by a customer into our business bank account. Of this amount, £210 relates to fee while the balance of £500 is to director’s current account. I tagged £210 to the customer’s account but could not find a way to tag the balance to Director’s current account. Please can I get a guide on how to handle this?

Kind regards,
Roy

In that case, when you click the green “tagged” button the popup should start with “This Payment was made by ‘name of customer’ …” - the word “Payment” is a link, click on that to go through to the payment record and it should now say that £210 is allocated to an invoice and £500 remains unallocated. There will be a button “refund balance” at the top, click that and you should have the option to refund it from the relevant director’s loan account.

This will effectively split the £710 into £210 allocated to the customer invoice and £500 transferred from the director’s loan account (i.e. the company owes £500 to the director). If/when you then actually pay that £500 over to the director you’d tag that transaction as a transfer between accounts, to return the DL account balance to zero (or whatever it was before)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.