Starling Feed - missing card transactions

Hello

I have an active feed with Starling bank but it does not seem to be working.
The feed is missing today’s and yesterdays transactions.

I have contacted Starling and they said “As Quick File is not a partner with us though Market Place, unfortunately we are unable to assist with the matter. But from an API standpoint there are no reported
errors”

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Hi @syntaxlink

What type of transactions are missing? For example, are they card transactions, direct debits, etc.?

Hi @QFMathew

Card transactions

Thanks

Thanks for confirming.

Card transactions are a bit different to other transactions. QuickFile should reflect your bank statement rather than the transaction list you see in the Starling app.

All card transactions are “Pending” until they completely clear, at which point, they’ll appear in QuickFile.

There are actually 2 parts to the Starling feed:

• Webhooks - where Starling notifies us the transaction takes place (similar to the notification you see on your phone)
  • Overnight feed - Which picks up any finalised card transactions

So if the card transaction finalises today for example, it should appear overnight tonight.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi @QFMathew

Thank you for the info.
Why does QF only do 1 feed update? (Overnight feed) Would a 12 noon and overnight feed update make more sense?

Thank You

Most of the transactions are picked up from the web hook, it’s only card transactions that are delayed.

The overnight feed matches what we offer for other banks (HSBC, Barclays, etc) who don’t offer a webhook of any kind.

1 Like

Thank You for the info :+1:

1 Like

Really useful bit of info this, I was just thinking my feed was broken but all the missing transactions are card :slight_smile:

1 Like