Status of a saved VAT Return submitted manually on Gov Portal

Upon viewing a saved VAT return, the status inside is as follows:
SAVED " This VAT Return has not been submitted to HMRC "
I haven’t set up electronic filing and I simply submitted it manually on Gov Portal.
I also paid the amount of VAT and Tagged it as a VAT payment to HMRC.

Still, the report has the same status. All I need is to mark this return as submitted and paid, but I can’t do it.

You can’t mark it submitted if it never was. It’s saved that’s all you need it to do.

The liability should show on the balance sheet and the tagged payment should clear that liability. That should be all you need to do.

1 Like

actually means “has not been submitted to HMRC by QuickFile”. It sounds like you have manually submitted the return so that’s fine, the “saved” status in QuickFile is correct.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, and yea not submitted by Quickfile, it just would be cool if there are two options to mark it as submitted and paid (regardless of whether it was electronically or manually).

Quickfile is awesome and hopefully the awaited features that were discussed in other posts are released in the near future.

This will become a moot point in the next couple of months since everyone has to move onto MTD for VAT returns, at which point there’s no way to submit without doing it through QuickFile.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.