Submitted incorrect VAT Return. How can I change?


I mistakenly hadn’t included an invoice before submitting my return ho can I add the new invoice and submit an amended return?

Hello Joshua

Once a return is finalised and submitted it can not be amended.
You can enter the invoice as normal and it will be picked up by the next return you submit.

And this approach (leave the existing return alone and include the missed invoice in your next return) is actually the HMRC approved way to sort it out unless the error means you’ve underpaid VAT by several thousand pounds.


1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.