Submitting vat return to HMRC

Hi. I have just started using quick file. I completed my vat return before I connected it to my HMRC account. Has my vat return now been submitted to HMRC as when i first put it in a message came up to say it wasn’t but then i changed the settings?

if you changed the settings after completing your VAT return, then no, it will not have been submitted.

You will need to roll it back and then resubmit. If the return has been successful you will then see a unique reference code from HMRC against the return

That’s great - thank you. Do I get a message here from HMRC to say if they have accepted it or do I need to log into my HMRC account or do I assume it’s ok?

With MTD it won’t let you submit at all if there’s a problem with the return, so if the submission happens with no errors then it’s been accepted. There’s no lag between submission and acceptance like there used to be in the older online submission procedure, so no need for a confirmation email, but if you want to double check then your HMRC account is the place to look.

Brilliant. Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.