Supplier prepaid error on VAT return

Hi
Back in August I created an invoice for a supplier & paid it off in full from the bank statement then inadvertently created a 2nd payment which went into the supplier account. This whole mess went through VAT at the time. I have since corrected the issue as best I can (rolling back VAT etc) but this has caused a re emergence of the pre payment on our current return. The problem is with box 7 only so it’s academic really but I do like to have things accurate.
Any help would be appreciated.

There shouldn’t be any need to roll back the previous VAT return - if you find the unallocated prepayment from the supplier overview page (view all payments, advanced search, “type” unallocated, then view the relevant payment) and “refund balance” back to the same bank account you mistakenly paid it from in the first place, then that should automatically subtract it from box 7 on your next return to balance out the excess from last time.

OK - so I’ve followed the instruction you’ve given and this gives nothing outstanding. I’m sure this is because, as I said, I’ve already gotten rid of it

I raised a credit note to fix it

I appreciate that this may have been the correct way to do it but I didn’t do it this way. Every time I tried to make an adjustment it made an error elsewhere.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.