Switching to Open Banking

I have disconnected from Barclays/Yodlee feed and created an Open Banking Feed. When I look at the Open Banking page, it states that I am connected with 86 days left. At the bottom, highlighted in red, it says that I should "Please go into the relevant bank statement view in QuickFile to connect your feed. You must then select " More Options " then " Activate Bank Feed ".

The Barclays’ logo is at the top of the statement, but if I go to Activate Bank Feed, it tries to reconnect via Yodlee and now I’m all confused!

Hi @IDG,

I will send you a private message to get some more information from you, please look out for the notification

Hi

I switched all 3 of my bank accounts to Open banking (Barclays) a few weeks ago. I followed the same process foe each.

2 of the accounts are fine, downloading transactions automatically daily, but the third is not downloading automatically at all. I have checked the settings on all 3 and they are exactly the same.

What should I do?

Martin

Hi, I just signed up to Quickbooks, and I have 3 Santander accounts and a Santander credit card I’d like to have hooked up via Open Banking. Do you know if/when this will be possible, as currently I can only connect to 1 account?

@strivs we’ll send you a private message to get more info on that one.

@Kirsten I checked the Open Banking transparency calendar and Santander have set a date of 6th September (Friday) to extend the range of accounts. I’ve also followed up with an email to confirm if this is still correct, will keep you posted.

Then you should probably ask your questions in the Quickbooks support forums rather than here - this forum is for QuickFile, different software entirely.

1 Like

Barclays business banking

Open banking setup - stopped working randomly about 4 weeks ago after having worked ok for a couple of months.

Saw a notice somewhere that for some Barclays accounts it wasn’t working and was a known issue.

Setup Yodlee temporarily - automatic feed didn’t work. Had to enter login details to pull transactions manually. But at least this worked.

Switched back to open banking last week ready for 14th Sept to see if it worked. Still not working with our Barclays account. No errors showing, permissions look ok, feed status is OK, refresh completes. No transations appear.

What do we do?

@suppliedbyus I will open up a private message with support and we can take a look at this for you. Keep a look out for a green notification in the top right when logged into the forum.

Thanks for that, good to know

Good morning Glenn and team :slightly_smiling_face:,

I have read about Open Banking and how I might benefit from it. Can you tell me what is happening with the Cooperative Bank (Business) as I bank with them and can’t find much about them and OB?

Thank you

Hi @Fanflame

We don’t have a date for the Co-op at the moment, but it is likely they’ll be joining Open Banking. All I can suggest for the moment is to watch this space.

Thank you!
:slightly_smiling_face:

Hi again Glenn, I just tried again, but I still can’t link up my additional Santander accounts - I’m aware this Friday is the deadline to switch, so wondering if you’ve heard back from Santander on this?
Also, there’s no option to link my business credit card account via Open Banking or Yodlee. Will this change too?
Thanks,
Kirsten

Hi Kirsten, to be safe I’d leave it until tomorrow as the update was planned to be released today. If the accounts still aren’t appearing with Santander tomorrow please let me know.

Thanks for the quick reply

I have just followed your instructions and connected my Natwest accounts - choosing both our current and savings account in the Natwest part of the process. Unfortunately it has only connected our current account, when I try to repeat the process to link the savings account it is not showing Natwest as an option (presumably because it thinks I have already connected). There is no option to activate the feed on this account. What should my next step be?

@angelahector when you create a consent it is listed once on the Open Banking screen but can cover multiple accounts. You need to go to each statement view in QuickFile and link them separately.

Ok but it seems different. It has linked 2 of 3 Natwest accounts successfully (they have the Natwest Logo next to them) but when I try to ‘activate bank feed’ for the third it takes me to a Thawte pop up screen which I didn’t have with either of the others. Is this correct and should I proceed? Screenshots attached:

Showing the difference:

Hi @angelahector

The screen in your screenshot is Yodlee rather than Open Banking.

Just to double check, did you sent up a Yodlee feed as the second screenshot shows an “Active Feed”? If so, you will need to remove this first.