Tagging receipts already linked to invoices

I think I have tagged some receipts which were already linked to invoices.
Can someone tell me what happens when you do this? And what do I need to do to put it right?
Also, is it safe to use the paid in full check box or can it create duplicates in the bank account?

Thanks

Hi @Sharonmw1

Once an invoice is marked as Paid in Full, no further payments can be tagged to it. This applies to both sales and purchase invoices. If an invoice is Paid in Part, then usually the remaining balance would be paid from your tagged payment, and the remaining value would sit on the client/supplierā€™s account as a prepayment.

For example, if I have a bank payment for Ā£100.00, and an invoice for Ā£125.00, but it has Ā£50.00 already paid off, this would log Ā£75 of the Ā£100 to the invoice, and the remaining Ā£25 would become a prepayment. However, you would normally do this manually during the tagging process anyway:

Which tags it like this:

This will create and tag a new bank transaction for that value using the details you supply (date, bank account, etc.). You would just end up with 1 tagged and 1 untagged transaction in your bank account. In this instance, you can safely delete the duplicate.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, but the other bit is in the receipt hub. If I uncheck the box which says hide purchases with scans already attached ( like a foolā€¦) and then tag my receipt to one of the purchases which already had a receipt attachedā€¦what will happen? Will the receipt attached become detached? Or will it have two receipts attached? Also Iā€™m wondering if the paid in full from the receipt hub shows the item in the bank as tagged, therefore might just be a duplicate. Some of these amounts and suppliers are identical.

Both documents will end up attached to the same invoice.

If youā€™re creating a new purchase invoice from the receipt hub, and you tick ā€˜paid in fullā€™, it will do a search for matching untagged transactions:

When you click the ā€˜Create new purchaseā€™ to continue, it will then prompt you:

In this case, clicking the payment will use the transaction that already exists.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.