Tax Summary - Optional Custom Dates

Tax Summary report is very useful, however.
My end date is 31/12, which therefore means, the tax summary report is doing 1/1 -> 31/12.
Which normally would be fine, however…
As it’s the ‘first’ year, I’ve got to submit two corp. tax returns (well my accountant will).
My first return has to be 14/12/15 to 13/12/16 and the second is 14/12/16 to 31/12/16.

Just trying to do a bit of forecasting and whilst I realise I can take the figures from 1/1/15 to 31/12/15 and the figures from 1/1/16 to 31/12/16 and add them together, to get the total for that overall period. It would be nice if I could enter specific dates to get a report on so I can be a little more accurate with my forecasting.

Or do you have any other ideas?
I guess I could just use the P&L for the required period, chuck on the addbacks and take an estimate from that.

The dates are fixed at the moment. The only other way I can think of apart from the P&L report would be to use the previous period and the existing period which would at least give you a full view of your first year:

I’m not sure how easy it would be to customise the dates of this in terms of the technical workings behind it. I will however mention this to our dev team and come back to you.