Transfer Direct Debit (GoCardless)

Hi

I currently have a client who I bill via direct debit using QuickFile and GoCardless.

I’ll shortly be creating a new company and will use a new QuickFile account.

How easy will it be for me to transfer over the direct debit approval for one QuickFile account to another?

Thanks

Hi @Steve_Allen

It should be straightforward; all you need is the mandate ID which you can find on your client information screen, and this can be then added to the new client record.

First, you would need to go to the client with the direct debit already set up, and click on the ‘Direct Debit Found’ box:

This will reveal the Mandate ID:

Copy this ID. Then go to the client you wish to set the same direct debit up for, and click on the ‘Set up Direct Debit’ box there (it will be in the same place as the one above), and then click this link:

Paste the Mandate ID into the box shown, and save. We’ll do a quick check with GoCardless to ensure it’s valid, and you should be good to go :slight_smile:

Is it just the one client that’s being copied?

Thank you for responding.

Yes it is just one client.

No problem. Although you’re not able to transfer clients from one account to another, we are able to do this from our end if required.

I’ve also just updated my post above for you.

Just to confirm. My plan is to create a brand new QuickFile account and a brand new GoCardless account. Does the above still apply or will the above still use my current GoCardless account?

Apologies if I misunderstood above. But to clarify, if it’s a brand new GoCardless account then the mandate wouldn’t be valid. GoCardless would actually reject any requests attempted against it if the mandate doesn’t originate from the the linked account.

There are also certain legal obligations regarding mandate transfers such as notifications to your clients when the company names are different (that said, I’ve only seen this when a sole trader became a limited company). GoCardless should be able to advise you on this better than I can.

The quickest and easiest way would be to request a new mandate via QuickFile which would create the new mandate on your new GoCardless account, and link it to your client too.

Hope that helps!

Very clear.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.