Transfers between account double logging

Hi
I currently make most of my purchases on credit card, and then make a bulk payment from the bank account each month to the card. When I go to tag the debit from my current account bank feed as a “transfer to another account” and select the credit card, I end up with two payments in the credit card account, One from the yodlee bank feed and then a “manual” one that QF creates.
Am I doing something wrong?

This also happens the other way round with two debit transactions in my bank account if i tag the payment in the CC first.

Thanks
James (and I hope this made at least some sense!)

Hi @Jsmith9114

It does make sense :slight_smile:

There isn’t a way to resolve this unfortunately, except by deleting the one transaction (either one) and tagging the one that’s left.

The issue is with the dates. If the dates match, we would prompt you to select the existing transaction, similar to this:

But as the dates differ, it’s not possible to pick this up. With things like credit card payments, or transfers from the likes of PayPal, there can be a day of a few days, so the dates won’t ever match.

I appreciate that may not be the answer you were hoping for, but I hope that helps?

Thank you.

It was more confirmation that I wasn’t doing it wrong that I wanted more than anything.
I shall just need to remember to delete one of the transactions. :smiley:

Thanks for the quick reply.
James

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.