Trial Balance - How are the balances calculated?

I have values in transactions in this year, how could i find which transactions it relates too (ie where the values is coming from)

is there a drill down, or if i was to click the values could it take me to those compiled values?

Hi @abuhudhayfah

On the balance sheet, you can click the little magnify glass on each line to view the nominal activity:

This takes you to the Chart of Accounts for that particular nominal code. Each line of activity is shown there, with details (e.g. “Sales Invoice: XYZ #00001”).

Some lines will also have the additional information lines, which you can view by clicking the yellow speech bubble.

Hope that helps

this gives me all the transactions, not specific from the Trial balance. if i select the date rage, the value is different

eg: i need further info on 571.93 nominal 1100

The trial balance is based on a time range, which is shown at the top:

The opening balance is the closing balance of the previous date range.

If you look at the nominal code for the same date range (in the Chart of Accounts), you can then see the nominal activity that generates that balance. For example, in my image above I have the date range of 01/03/2016 - 28/02/2017. On 1100, I have DR 928.52 within the year. If I view 1100 in the chart of accounts, I can see this:

The balance is the same, and all the activity that brings it to that balance is listed below.

I See, how would i give some clarification to our accountant on this, does the figure not directly highlight the particular invoice / payments?

I’m not sure what you’re looking for here I’m sorry?

The screenshot above shows the breakdown of that balance, including lines such as the ones shown:

Sales Invoice: Balance on invoice #000038

This would show that, that particular value (£14.40 in this case) was for that invoice.

If you could tell us a bit more about what you’re trying to achieve, or what your accountant is asking for, we’ll hopefully be able to point you in the right direction

he is wanting some clarification of these values.

should 1100 show £571.93 in the credit side of current year transactions ?

Emailed
" but need some clarification on a few items on the trial balance to 30/9/16

1.   Debtors control account is in CREDIT 571.93

2.   Creditors control account is in DEBIT  3756.75 "

I’ll send you a private message to get some account details from you, and I’ll try and help further.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.