Unable to file VAT Return

Matthew

Thank you for your advice.

I applied for MTD before Xmas and have had confirmation from HMRC that I am now set up for it.

I tried to file my Return again this morning but now the date range will not allow me to go back beyond December 2019. My tax period is from 1st September to November 2019. I have tried logging in again and refreshing the page without success.

How do I disconnect from HMRC to allow me to try again?

My Return is due tomorrow!!

Thanks.

Steve

If you already have a return “saved” in QuickFile for the September to November period then you will have to roll that back first before you can submit via MTD.

If you don’t already have a return saved as Ian suggests, then the other issue can be with HMRC, it has been known on a number of occasions that they mess up the periods in which you need to file under MTD. If this is the case, you can contact them and their support team will correct it for you.

Thank you very much for your help.

I have now managed to file a Return. I was unaware that the failed attempts needed to be “Rolled Back”. This is what was stopping me making a successful filing.

Sometimes, the jargon is confusing!

Steve

Ian

Thank you for your help.

I am happy to say that I have now filed my Return.

Steve

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.