Remove an attached document from a receipt that has been attached but mis-filed

Since the above feature was implemented there is no longer a facility to remove a document that has been mis-filed.

Before this new feature to add a document to more than one purchase receipt if a document was attached to the wrong receipt I did the following;

Go to Document Manager> Advance Search for the .doc that has been mis-filed> Move to another folder “usually” to “ATM Receipts” as that one comes up first in the list> The .doc would no longer be showing in the purchase receipt where it had been mis-filed> Go to the purchase receipt where the .doc should have been filed> Use the “Attach files to your invoices” to update the .doc from “ATM Receipts”.> The .doc would then be correctly filed.

How can we have this option available again?

Hi @alan_mcbrien,

I have just followed your steps and have not had a problem? The only thing about doing it this way is I believe it is still attached to the original purchase receipt as you have just changed the folder rather than un-attaching so you will need to go into that receipt and remove the attachment.

Good morning @QFBeth, I have tried your suggestion of going back to the original receipt where the .doc had been misfiled and deleted the item listed, but after this is done and return to the item in DM to move it to the correct receipt the item is showing in Document Manager but click on it and the “outer space man” comes up on the screen.

Mis-filing is always a bit of a pain, but now unless I keep an open tab with the wrong filed item and then re-upload, and start again with the correct receipt the movement within DM has been relegated to attaching to multiple receipts but this has removed the previous methods of moving items around, and of course changes the date of receiving the .doc into QF.

Found a way round of getting an item from one receipt to another without the document from disappearing, bit of a faff.

Go to Document Manager > Change the folder from “Receipts” to something else > Attach to the correct receipt > Document updates back to “Receipts” in DM > Go to the receipt where the item was mis-filed and delete.

This worked to move an item from one receipt to another a different receipt.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.