Unable to select direct debit option

Hi,
I have a new customer that has signed up to my gocardless account.

I have set them up as a new client on QF, have generated their first invoice, But I keep getting an error message when i try to select “Collect via direct debit” option.
Can anyone help please?

Thanks
James

Hi @Jsmith9114

Could you provide me with the last 3 digits of your account number please, and I’ll take a quick look for you?

Sure, it is 827 …

Thanks! I’ve asked our development team to take a look into this and will come back to you shortly.

1 Like

Hi, Just been looking a bit more into this on my GoCardless dashboard.

Could I be getting this error as the customer has only just signed up to my GC link and the mandate is currently showing as “submitted” rather than “active”?

It may be related, but this should only delay the collection. I believe our development team are currently working with GoCardless to resolve this.

We’ll keep you posted here

Hi @Jsmith9114

It appears that this Mandate was setup directly on the GoCardless dashboard rather than through QuickFile. GoCardless only allow us to read and interface with Mandates that were created from the QuickFile system.

On the client screen click the Direct Debit box here:

Then click the “Rerequest” button. This will allow you to email an invite to the client that will enable them to setup the mandate again, and this time it will automatically link to your account.

GoCardless are in the process of updating to a new system (scheduled for October) that will eventually allow Mandates to be interchangeable between different partners and with the GoCardless dashboard.

If you get stuck with anything please don’t hesitate to get back to me.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.