Untagged Payments to be shown on Invoice Page

Hi Guys,

This is more a feature request.

We need to be able to allocate currently untagged payments without going to the bank account. We have the scenario where we have the automatic PayPal feed which is very useful. But we have a staff member who can only see the Sales section and cannot see the Banking section for obvious reasons.

This sales person can enter an invoice but cannot tag an untagged payment against it without Bank access.

So I propose that a very simple fix could be that when you click the Log Payment button, right below the current dialog, it could say currently untagged payments and list all untagged payments from all bank accounts in chronological order with today’s payments being at the top.

Thoughts?

Hi @cr123

Thank you for your suggestion.

Some issues I can foresee with this are:

1. What if you have 100s of transactions, just for today?

2. If it shows transactions from all accounts, you’d also be seeing, in some cases, DLA transactions, merchant transactions and reserve account transactions - most of which are likely to be unrelated.

I certainly won’t rule it out. Like any feature request, we’re happy to take a closer look if there is enough from the community.

What if you have 100s of transactions, just for today? If it shows transactions from all accounts, you’d also be seeing, in some cases, DLA transactions, merchant transactions and reserve account transactions - most of which are likely to be unrelated.

Perhaps the user can select which bank accounts they would like to see untagged transactions for in the account settings section?

It’s either this, or you need to improve your ACL and make it more granular. It’s crazy that a sales person can’t see the payments coming in without them having to view the bank balance - which is not something a salesperson should see.

We’re open to suggestions. We’ll leave this thread open for other users to add their comments and suggestions.

As I mentioned above, providing there is enough interest from the community, then we’ll take a closer look at the best way to move forward.