VAT failed

I have submitted a VAT return due today and it has failed. I received a message from government gateway :-
Thank you for sending the VAT submission online.
The submission for reference 29695 was received on 20-04-2017. Unfortunately it could not be accepted as it failed HMRC data checks.
To correct this please use the help provided within the software you used to complete your form and send it again. If you continue having problems please contact the Online Services Helpdesk on 0300 200 3701.
Fax 03000 516250.
The Helpdesk is open Monday to Friday - 08:00 to 18:00.
VAT Online is just one of the many online services we offer that can save you time and paperwork. For the latest information on all of our Online Services or more information on how to complete your VAT Return, please visit the HMRC website

This is an automatically generated email. Please do not reply as the email address is not monitored for received mail.
I also received a message from quickfile:-
This email has been automatically generated to inform you that a VAT Return for LINK Inventories for the period 01/02/2017 to 23/03/2017 has been unsuccessfully processed by HM Revenue and Customs.

Reason being:

By ChRIS : The VAT Period you have entered 2017-03 for the VRN 219264995 was not found, please check and resubmit if necessary.

If you have any questions regarding this VAT return, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
could you please advise

Thank you
Suzy

Hi @slink

I’ve done a quick search on the forum for your error. There are a few reasons this may be happening:

• The VAT period is incorrect
  • The ‘Mark as Final’ box has been ticked incorrectly
  • Incorrect VAT number (this could be due to spaces being includes for example)

Have you successfully submitted VAT returns through QuickFile previously?

Thank you for coming back to me, I have now managed to file online with HMRC as the problem may be because it is my final return :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.