VAT Flat rate scheme and MTD

Just signed up to use QuickFile for my MTD VAT returns - as we are on flat rate scheme do I simply need to record my invoices to get correct VAT return?
What is submitted through API? Just the figures we would manually have submitted through HMRC online account.

Hi @Rapsol

All figures in the VAT return are derived from either sales and purchase invoices, or payments made and received (depending on your VAT scheme).

If you’re using QuickFile for your accounting, then the VAT return will use the inputted figures to generate the VAT return, although please check the backing report to be sure it’s all OK before you submit it.

If you’re using a third party platform for the accounting but wish to use QuickFile for the VAT submission, you can use the bridging module. Please let me know if you want more details on this.

It would just be the figures in the boxes on the form, along with some information about the period and your business so they can be linked to the correct account on HMRC’s side.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.