VAT overide button

Trying to find this button, but it’s not in my advanced settings. Any ideas?
http://community.quickfile.co.uk/t/amending-vat-in-purchases/8146/5?u=scoobeski

Hi @scoobeski

You’re quite right - I can’t see the button either! Bear with me, I’ll find out what’s happened here

Edit
@scoobeski - I’ve just checked this. This option is now enabled and is on all accounts by default. I’ve just had a look at your account and I can see the column is editable, is this the case for you too?

1 Like

it is editable if I tick the box, but before the tick box wasn’t there and was editable without having to do anything else

Does it work all OK for you now?

It does work still. Was just so much easier how it was yesterday is all

What tick box are you referring to?

When creating a sales invoice there is a small tick box above the item/descriptions that says “Enter line totals inclusive of VAT” only if that is ticked can I enter inclusive VAT. Up till today that wasn’t there and figures were able to be input inclusive of VAT. I had a look at previous posts and there were a few posts that mentioned an “override VAT” button in advanced settings, but couldn’t see it anywhere when I looked earlier.

I think we may be looking at two different things here.

That tick box does allow you to enter totals gross of VAT. The original discussion about the advanced settings toggle reveals an extra vat column that can be edited directly (i.e. to override VAT amounts).

The tick box to enter line amounts gross of VAT was always off by default. You can use some script to ensure it’s ticked permanently, I think this was covered on another thread?

They’re 2 things but related lol Ideally being able to input inclusive VAT on invoices (and purchases) is needed. Preferably so I don’t have to tick boxes every time as I’m easily confused. Is it possible for me to edit the script or is that something you would need to do?

You have a Power User Subscription, so you’re able to do this yourself, providing you’re the main admin on the account.

Go to Account Settings > Design Customisation > Advanced CSS & HTML Customisation > Custom Scripts

And add a bit of javascript in there to do it :slight_smile:

Edit
To automatically tick this box:

Add the following code:

$(document).ready(function() {
    $(".page-sales-create .chkVatIncInvoicing").attr("checked", true);  
});
1 Like

I tried adding the script but all it does is put a tick in the box, it doesn’t change “net total” to “gross total” to allow adding inclusive vat. Unless i’m missing something obvious :stuck_out_tongue:

Try this…

$(document).ready(function() {
    $(".page-sales-create .chkVatIncInvoicing").trigger("click");
});
1 Like

That last one works a treat! Thanks guys! :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.