VAT Return Box 6 Incorrect

Hello,

I’ve just noticed the new VAT on Services feature, so I thought I’d try it out, and create a VAT return to see what happens.

Firstly, I love the new VAT return screen - it’s really helpful to see how the numbers are derived.

However, It looks like box 6 and box 7 are both computed from “Total value of purchases exc VAT”. So, box 7 appears to be working, but box 6 is not.

Best wishes,
Tom

What did you expect to see in box 6? For a reverse charged purchase of services you are supposed to put the ex-VAT purchase total in boxes 6 and 7 and the VAT amount in boxes 1 and 4.

Hi Ian,

Apologies if I wasn’t being clear. The totals in both boxes are identical, and when you look at how the totals are derived, it’s using the same purchase invoices - regardless of whether or not they are reverse VAT.

So, in my particular case:

Box 6 = 98
Box 7 = 98

Both of these boxes appear to have been computed from all the relevant purchase invoices - and box 6 has not been computed from any normal sales invoices.

When I click the magnifying glass, I see the same list of purchase invoices for both box 6 and box 7, being used to compute the 98.

Does this make my explanation clearer, or can I clarify futher? Perhaps screenshots?

Best wishes,
Tom

Hi @Tom_Spink

Let me send you a private message so we can look into this for you.

You should see a green notification in the top right corner shortly.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.