Vat return isnt showing all general sales

Hello, i am in the middle of trying to send my vat return. I have logged all my general sales as paid. but when i am trying to submit the return online the return isnt registering them all, there is roughly 5 sales but only 3 are showing. When generating the automated return all the dates are inline and registered to the correct quarter.
My question is, why wont my return generate all my general sales? this is leaving my return figure short of what it should be.
thank you
Gary

How have you logged the sales - as invoices or just as “something not on the list”? Only invoices are used for the VAT return, direct tags aren’t.

And if you have used invoices, are you on cash or accrual accounting and if cash, what date were the invoices paid? On cash accounting it’s the payment date rather than the invoice date that determines which return the VAT is due on.

Hi @garybignell1961,

As @ian_roberts has said, if you are Cash Accounting then you need to be careful with the dates of the payments linked to the invoices as it is the payment date that is taken into consideration and not the invoice date.

If you are Accrual accounting, double check that the invoices that are missing are ‘Sent’ and not still sat as Draft invoices as these won’t be included in the return.

Thanks Beth for reply/advice I have the dates right for the period needed but still not showing in the right quarter, since looked in the next quarter submission and missing invoices are showing there although dated and already listed as payed in this quarter, still baffled by this , will be talking to a friend who also uses quickfile, hopefully sort between us later thanks again , Gary B.

Thanks Ian for your reply, help, still a bit baffled by this as all my dates are correct for this quarter, on invoices and payment dates haves tried deleting and re saving but the missing invoices are showing in my next submission period , i’m meeting someone later who also uses quickfile hopefully can sort it between us , thanks again , Gary B.

The invoices that are showing in the wrong period. The easiest way to check is to go into the invoice, check the payment that has been tagged to it, look at the date of that payment entry - This will be why it is being pulled into the wrong period

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.