VAT return link to HMRC

Hi,

When trying to automatically submit the VAT return to HMRC using quickfile for the first time I keep get this message:

You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN XXXXXXXX . Please ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC systems to update.

I enrolled a few days ago and I’ve checked the VRN is correct. What next?

Thanks

Hi @Alex_Petrou

In some cases HMRC provides you with several different gateway accounts, so it’s common for the wrong account is connected. That would be the first thing to check.

It may also be worth disconnecting your HMRC account from QuickFile, and then re-connecting it.

Hi,

I’ve just tried to disconnect and reconnect to the HMRC account as I have two HMRC accounts. I’ve done this twice now. The first time this didn’t work so hopefully it will this time.

There’s nowhere I can see in quickfile to see which of my HMRC accounts is connected - is this possible?

Alex

Hi @Alex_Petrou

There isn’t a way of viewing the account at this time, although I will certainly feed this back to our team.

Let me know how you get on, and if you encounter any further issues.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.