Vat returns - how can I unrollback

In a mess don’t know how to unroll back vat returns. All figures on submitted returns are zero

Hi @Babybill,

To Roll Back a return there is an option at the bottom of the return to roll the return back.

You need to make sure that you do these in order. You will then need to re-save any returns you have rolled back so that it doesn’t affect future periods.

If the incorrect returns have been submitted to HMRC rolling these back on QuickFile doesn’t withdraw them from HMRC. You would need to get in touch with them to make adjustments

All my VAT is now mucked up…I find this support lacking in detail. It often tells you what you have to do, but not how to do it!!!
HRMC just put the ball back in your court, sure I can expect fines, penalties in the near future

Hi @Babybill,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. If returns have gone to HMRC with incorrect figures then you need to contact them to re-open the period or allow you to submit adjustments, this is something that we cannot do for you.

If you roll-back a return in QuickFile, all this does is undo the VAT return locks in QuickFile it does not re-call it from HMRC.

When you are rolling back or resaving returns then you need to make sure that these are done in chronological order, if you just need to ‘save’ a return within QuickFile rather than Submit it then you’ll need to make sure the online filing option within your VAT settings has been removed.

i have spoken to HMRC. I have completed the vat return correction form.
I want to start again going forward from 1/10/19 to 31/12/19. when I look to prepare a vat return for that period, it has figures on it that don’t correspond. How can I start from scratch?

You can set your VAT start date in your settings to 01.10.19 this should stop any previous transactions being pulled through into the next return. Alternatively you can run and save a dummy return up to 30.09.19

I did this previously and it didn’t work…I then unchecked the enable online filing in VAT settings and that solved it. Pure trial and error. Still couldn’t tell you how it all came to be in the first place.
I won’t be rollingback in the future!!!

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.