VAT Rollback

Hi, we have made a couple of clerical errors on the accounts in quickfile that require corrections. To do this we need to rollback a couple of the VAT returns to unlock the purchases and invoices, however I am currently unable to do this in the system as the rollback button is not available on all the previously submitted VAT submissions. Please can the VAT rollback button be added back into the previously submitted VAT returns in our account as I am unable to find this in the system.

Thank you

Hi @bennw

The rollback button will be available on all VAT returns, but they need to be rolled back in order.

How many errors are you looking to correct? If they’ve affected the VAT in previous returns, depending on how long ago and depending on their affect (e.g. more owed or less owed), you may need to contact HMRC to correct them.

My final VAT was not accepted by HMRC, should I now hit the roll back button and resubmit? my period was 1st 10.16 - 31.12.16. Hoping that wont mess anything up.

I am shutting down my VAT and I have had a letter saying that I need to issue VAT for work up to close of business on 9th January. I am assuming that I then do 1st to 9th January and mark THAT ONE as the Final now, is that all correct do you think?

Hi @Jon_Shepherd

If it wasn’t accepted, then rolling back and resubmitting should be fine as you’ve basically undoing the first one, and just creating and submitting a second one. If the figures are all OK however, you may prefer to submit to HMRC directly on this occasion.

With the final VAT return, I would also double check that with HMRC as they can confirm what they would be expecting from you. Usually this is available through your online tax account.

Hope that helps

great thank you, I will probably do that direct as you say. Thanks for the quick reply

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.