VAT Status

What are the stages of VAT returns status?
mine shows “SAVED”. will it be submitted to HMRC automatically ?
Do I get confirmation email form HMRC that they have received the VAT submission?

If the return has been submitted then where you are seeing SAVED you should see SUBMITTED. There will also be a reference from HMRC. You don’t get confirmation emails - just this reference.

If you are only seeing SAVED then you can assume it hasn’t been sent through. Check you VAT settings to make sure that online filling has been enabled etc. If you are still having problems then please let me know

it has been submitted but status is showing saved. see below;

|Submission Date|Period|Details|VAT Due|Status|View|
|3 Jun 2019 12:16|1 Mar 2019 - 31 May 2019|–|2,188.63|SAVED|[View]

If the status is showing as Saved then it hasn’t been submitted. The status will show as Submitted if it has been submitted to HMRC.

could you please advise how can i submit it to HMRC?

You will need to go to your VAT Settings and make sure that Online Filling has been enabled.

Then, If you are registered for MTD you can select that option, otherwise you will need to enter your log in details for HMRC.

Once these settings are updated then you will need to Roll- Back the SAVED VAT return. You can do this by going into the return and there will be an option at the bottom.

This will then open the period back up again. You’ll need to go to Reports > HMRC select the correct company and period to prepare and submit your return.

Once the return has been successfully Submitted the status will show as SUBMITTED there will also be a reference number from HMRC against it.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much. It’s all sorted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.