Vat submission stopped woirking

Been using online VAT submission for over a year but it is not working this time. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting but no luck yet after 3 days waiting.

Hi @PaulS

Are you using MTD for your VAT submissions?

What’s the exact error message(s) you’re seeing please? Please feel free to upload any screenshots if that’s easier.

Hi, message is “You are not yet authorised to view this report for the VRN 898081375. PLease ensure your VAT number is correct and you have connected the corresponding HMRC Tax Account. If you have recently enrolled on the MTD scheme please allow 24 hours for HMRC to update.”

VAT number i correct, I have connected the correct tax account and waited 3 days do far.

Hi @PaulS

Can I just check, when you mention you’re tried disconnecting and reconnecting the link, have you completely removed the link with HMRC and set it up again (which would involve logging into HMRC and authorising QuickFile)?

Yes, done that. Just checked our VAT online status and it is giving it as OK.

Still no access from Quickfile, however!!

Hi @PaulS

The error message (the unauthorised one) relates to one of a few reasons:

• The VAT number is incorrect

• You’ve not enrolled for MTD

• You have enrolled for MTD but not received the HMRC confirmation email

• The wrong HMRC account has been linked

If you’ve been using MTD up until now, I don’t believe it would be any of the first 3. If it is the correct HMRC account, then something clearly isn’t right. However, the error is being returned by HMRC. Which means, unfortunately, you would need to speak with them to see if they can see any errors on their side.

OK, thanks. I will do that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.