When to run year end on Quickfile

Hi

Some advice please. Our accountants have prepared our first year end accounts for submission to Companies house for our Ltd company.

1. When should I run year end on Quickfile?

2. Do any manual journals need to completed (for year end) before year end is run?

All final journals should be done before year end routine is run. Accountant should do closing journals on QF and then run year end routine.

Number of times I have seen other accountants ignoring closing adjusting journals and no even running year end routine just to discover previous years’s balance sheet does not tally with submitted accounts is ultra annoying and very unprofessional. It does not provide good starting point if adjusting journals are not done on QF which leads to misleading opening balances on balance sheet.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Should I expect my accountant to run year end for me on Quickfile, or just input closing journals and I run year end myself?

I would speak to your Accountant and check with them. I wouldn’t like to say whether they would do it for you or not.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.