Why I have 2 Exchange Rate on the same date?

Hi.
Why I have 2 Exchange Rate on the same date?
One one the invoice (1.2300) and one in Log Payment (1.2263)?
Thank you!

How did you log the payment? What was the amount of the payment received in GBP?

Generally speaking the invoice ex-rate is determined from the daily rates we import from XE.com. When the payment is logged the ex-rate is inferred from the amount actually received in GBP, so they could well be different, as the XE.com rate is not likely to be the same one used by your bank.

"What was the amount of the payment received in GBP?"
No. Euro. Thanks!

I can’t find any EUR bank accounts on your QF account. So you must be depositing to a GBP account, in which case you decide what the amount received in GBP and the amount deducted in EURs (from the invoice balance) should be. The exchange rate is just inferred from these figures.

Exchange rate on my invoice: 1.229
270.38 euro=220 gbp
220*1.229=270.38

Exchange rate on payment with the same amount (270.38 euro=220 gbp) is different: 1.23
220*1.23=270.6

Now I have:
Total invoiced 478.00
Total Received 478.00
Monthly Balance 0.18

Why?

It looks like a rounding problem on the payment side which is causing the payment ex-rate to be rounded to 1.23 thus creating an 18p difference. I’ve corrected the invoice and referred this to an engineer to look at in a little more detail.

“…referred this to an engineer to look at in a little more detail.” Ok. Thank you!

Sorry forgot to get back on this one… A fix was applied that day so this problem shouldn’t reoccur.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.